June

All hives were looking good.  Good brood pattern and numbers, some stored honey and pollen.

On the last Saturday in June, I was walking around the yard checking out the hives and Hive #3 had started kicking out the drones.  Way too early for this and since this happened to my first hive last year, I knew what to look for. 

Upon inspection of Hive #1 and #3, I found no stored honey or pollen.  Not sure if the queen had stopped laying yet, but there was still brood.

Started feeding both hives.

June was a very rainy month. Many days of rain and often days of over cast to cloudy cover.  Because of the many days of rain, the bees could not get out to forage, so they used up their stores.  Once I started feeding, the activity level went up and they started storing again. 





Comments