Switched out candy boards

Since the weather was fairly warm, 60.1 °F, breezy, I decided to add new candy boards.  Only replaced the ones in hives #1 and #2.  #3 had not used as much as the others. 

Made new candy boards a few days ago.
  


What was left of the candy board out of hive #1. This was a left over candy board from last year that had a lot left on it from last year.


 
Candy board from hive #2. Another board that was left over from last year. They had eaten a lot of it. Saw a lot of honey still left on the comb next to the candy
  

Comments

Julie D said…
Nice candy boards. Do you use 1/2" fabric?
Are you talking about the hardware cloth? I think it might be 1/2". I didn't use on the news ones. The first time I was a little worried about it falling out!
Cheryl said…
how do you make this candy
Look at my blog entry titled "Winter Bee Candy"