Finally, warm weather is here to stay, I hope

Been a busy couple of months, lots of new projects. Work area in the garage was finally done and I could start working on hives and getting all of the new hive pieces organized. Also picked up 5 used top bar hives that need reworked.

Lost one Lang hive. Very few dead bees, so I think the colony up and left. Possibly due to being harassed by a skunk.  But I did pick up a new colony with all of the beekeeping equipment. It weighed over 100 pounds so it had a lot of honey. The first sunny, warm day, I checked it out and did some rearranging of boxes.  I removed the medium that was on the bottom and full of honey. And also removed the candy board. The bottom was full of grains of sugar and dead bees. The top two deeps were most full of honey, and not a lot of brood. I wanted to wait to do more work hive. Need to move more honey and free up space.


Comments