Swarming!

I have been watching as the swarming activity has been going in the south and southeast coast areas and gradually heading North.  This past Friday, April 15th, several people reported finding swarms in the area.  Since the 15th, 9 swarms have been posted to the Bee Town Beekeeping Club Facebook page.

With all of the reports of swarming, and since the night time temps were getting warmer, I checked all three hives and took off all of the insulation.  All hives had taken all of the new candy board that I added early February.  And had started to put comb in the board.  Since there were a lot bees on the boards, I moved them to the back and placed empty bars in the brood areas.

Since this has been a really great spring with lots of flowers and an over abundance of dandelions, I have not been feeding as much and the girls have not gone crazy over the syrup.




Comments