It's been crazy

Swarming started early this year. People started reporting swarms in early April. I had a large swarm April 8th, but was unable to get it.

Since my daughter's wedding will be in the back field of my property where my hives are at, my daughter and I moved them about 160' to the west along the fence line April 11th.


I put grass in the entrances hoping to force the bees to do orientation flights. Most did this, but some went back to the original location. I had left a dead hive there because I was able to move that myself, but the "lost" bees colonized it.

Several days later I checked the hives and they are putting up a lot of nectar and most have become nectar bound even though they have enough space for more comb. I did some checker boarding (adding bars between combs) but I need to get more bars with strips of foundation made.


Comments