September

We are currently having a week of above normal temperatures. Highs in the lower 90s. The bees are enjoying the weather and are out collecting a lot of Goldenrod and Snakeroot.

The Goldenrod bloom has been really great. All the hives have the Goldenrod smell.

Checked the hives. I did not do a whole hive inspection. Just looked at the back of the Top Bar hives. They had a good amount of nectar. One had comb in the back that one fallen and the one out front of my property had cross comb. These I will fix in the spring.

On the 4 Langs, I just took the top boards off to look at activity. I added sticky boards to 2 hives. The original Lang does not have a bottom that a sticky board can be added. The other Lang had a sticky board in it that was stuck and I could not get it out. That hive did not have a screen bottom, so I added one.


Comments