Winter means cutting firewood and preparing for planting

My neighbor has several areas where I can cut Black Locust and also other tree species for firewood. The Locust is very hard and it slow to burn without using other types of wood to get a good hot fire going first. 


 My neighbor stopped me on the road to say that a locust tree had fallen across his brother's driveway. Got a nice truck load. Might try and get a timber from the trunk.


I love the look of cut Black Locust. If you hit two pieces together, it rings. 


This stack lasted about 4 days. I was off work for two weeks, so was home to keep the wood stove going all day. 

Made sure all lights are working. Think I will add reflective mylar to the wall to help reflect light on the flats.

Inventory of all flats and seed trays. Need more. I put in an order with a company that sells very many types of trays, pots, flats, etc. 


This does not include a list of wild flowers seeds purchased or collected. These were ordered from Baker Creek Heirloom seeds. We ordered there last year and was really pleased. 



 

Comments