A nice warm December day.

High of 63 degrees. Had the day off work, so spent all day outside working. 


Put insulation the windows of the coop with the roosters. Sorta forgot about the insulation board I got from my neighbor a year ago. Had some nice thick pieces. 



All the hives were active. I hope they have enough honey and sugar board to last. Hopefully we will get a warm day near the end of January, beginning of February and I can check the sugar boards. 


Noticed that I lost half of the big Silver Maple was barely alive. I need to get one of the larger chainsaws running that I picked up for free. This will take a lot of time to cut up. 




Been slowly working on getting the logs down front cut up for firewood. Mostly cherry and walnut. Haven't made it back to the Tulip poplar. Had to roll a large cherry log to be able to get to more of the logs. 





Ran over to the neighbor's and picked up hay for the chickens. At least their run will not be muddy. Going to rain all day for New Year's Day.



Managed to get a tick! Probably from checking out the downed tree












Comments